UNBELIEVABLE BUT IT'S TRUE ,MY TRIBUTES TO A BELOVED FRIEND :BY: SOLOMON DALUNG

          By : Barr. Solomon Dalung

What is life really? Had reflected deeply over this severally but yet fruitless. We blossom like colossus but in a twirling of an eye we transformed into scary lifeless beings. Why do good people last longer yet the evil ones stay longer inflicting incalculable pains on humanity? It seem to me like good is by its very nature is transient while evil and pains unlinked the basis of existence. What is life all about can anybody quenched my inquisitive taste please?.

I have been devastated and completely heartbroken as I contend with tears to pay tribute to my friend, brother and close confident, MAJOR GENERAL SAMAILA ILIYA (rtd) who surprised me without a word on the 31st July 2020, after brief illness. Good night my dear brother.

A simple and humble soul that always thought of the good of others and not for himself. Kindness was the summary of his life, he was generously faultless. General Iliya will do everything possible for others but certainly not himself. A fantastic peaceful man who lived for humanity and a gentleman per excellent who never harbour bitterness. 

"What is this life all about, Minister?, was the question he kept murmuring unconsciously for sometimes before taking ill. Little did I realised that he was numbering his days. Life to him meant living for others, Samaila, did only that all through.

General Iliya was a Spartan, who  preferred to die with pains than showing it. When I was told he was exhibiting signs of ill health, I went to see him in his living room, just to be disappointed, when instead of responding to my inquiry about his health, he walked to the tea stand, prepared hot tea and served me as usual. When I insisted, he replied, "there's nothing serious really, don't worry Minister". He was take taken to the hospital, but he lost the battle of his life after few days into hospitalisation.

You were laying motionless on your death bed, I called but you didn't answer but was reminded that I will not hear your voice again. That wasn't our agreement General, we resolved to rededicate our live to provide and promote social justice and peaceful co-existence especially in your troubled Southern Kaduna, but you have been snatched by the cold hands of death. As a soldier you fought the battle of your life gallantly and surrendered to the will of God as an inevitably destination of mortals. However, your exit is a monumental loss because human compassion has been depleted.

You served humanity, your country and the world meritorious in peace keeping missions in the Congo, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and finally Africa Union in Adisababa. In all these you left giant emulating legacies. We have lost an enigma whose name remains an indible assets within the military circles.

We loved you but God loved you more and has taken you from us. How I wish, I can question this one, but I am incompetent. Continue to intercede for us since you are now with the Lord, please mention our regular discussions and concerns, about peace and security in our country to God. The situation you left has not improved, since you have joined him continue with the battle for the peace and unity on our behalf my beloved friend. God morning Samaila.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dankwambo/Amtai political feud, Group calls for quick Security interventions.

Comr. Auwal Suspended from office as National President,Yobe State Students.

Plateau North Re-rerun: Parties await Tribunal Judgement